Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Selena Gomez Summoned Her 'Darker' Side For 'Slow Down' Vid

Gomez opens up to MTV News about the glossy clip, set in Paris.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Lauren Child


Selena Gomez
Photo: MTV News

Selena Gomez's music video for "Slow Down" is a sometimes sweaty, almost entirely sultry ride and dance party through Paris with the 21-year-old singer.

The visual brings her fans along with her during a night out on the town, spent in an upscale car and steamy night club where she breaks out into full-scale dance.

"Well I wanted it to be different than 'Come & Get It' in the slightest way. I think 'Come & Get It' was more of that sensual vibe and is very beautiful and 'Slow Down's a little bit harder, so we kind of went for more darker themes. And it was fun. The dancing was great and we got to shoot it in Paris, so that was amazing and unbelievable," she told MTV News. "It was a good experience."

Her looks in the video range from high-end couture matched with glimmering jewels to J.Lo-esque dance gear to eyebrow-raising glamorous street wear. Yes, one of those looks is comprised solely of a blazer and gladiator boots.

"I feel like music is dress up for me. It's like I get to play different characters and I get to be a more glamorized version of myself. I would never get away with wearing half those things I wore in the video like just to the store or on a carpet. It wouldn't translate," she explained. "In a way, I feel like I can play dress up and really just experiment with fashion through music. It's fun."

The video is the latest visual for her just-released album Stars Dance, which celebrates the singer's growing maturity as an artist.

"It's not something just wanting to make a statement. It's just kind of acknowledging the fact that I'm turning 21 and that I am becoming a woman," she explained. "And, it's beautiful for me to kind of apply that to my music.

"I got to push myself," she added. "I don't want to stay in one place. So I really am happy with how it's kind of turned out."

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/8baCHDwbfRg/selena-gomez-slow-down-video-themes.jhtml

Abigail Clayton Abiola Abrams abortion AC/DC

No comments:

Post a Comment