Monday, August 27, 2012

Ellie Goulding's 'Anything Could Happen' Video: Go Behind The Scenes Now!

'I'm hoping it will make people go out and propose to their girlfriends,' Goulding tells MTV News about follow-up to 'Lights.'
By James Montgomery


Ellie Goulding on the set of her "Anything Could Happen" video
Photo: MTV News

isn't trying to upstage the success of "Lights." It's just that, well, she released it here in the states nearly 18 months ago (!) and she's ready to move on.

So she's back with a brand-new single, "Anything Could Happen," her first off the upcoming Halcyon album ... and while it probably won't match her signature hit's slow-burn success ("Lights" took 33 weeks to reach the top two on the Billboard Hot 100, a chart record), that's fine with Goulding. Like we said, she's ready to move on, and if possible, she's got even bigger goals in mind this time around.

"I suppose it's one of those songs where I sort of talk about bits of my childhood, but also about my friendship with this person, and, um, I suppose it's a song of realization," she told MTV News. "And it's called 'Anything Could Happen,' [so] I'm hoping it will make people go out and propose to their girlfriends or go on that holiday they never ended up doing. I hope it will provoke positivity, as opposed to make people really sad."

And based on early reaction — a lyric video, featuring Instagrams from fans, has already racked up more than 430,000 views — she doesn't have to worry about making anyone sad anytime soon. Judging from what we saw while on the set of the "Anything Could Happen" video earlier this month, there's a pretty good chance she'll also have no problem replicating the crossover success of "Lights."

Then again, that was never really the goal. With her new single and her worldly new album, she's going for growth above all else. The chart success (slow-burning or otherwise) will certainly come; she's out to prove that she's in it for the long haul. And no, that doesn't mean she's not also going to have a good time. If anything, she's proudly, unapologetically going pop.

"I've moved on quite a bit since the first album, because I've discovered so much; I've learned a lot more and I've grown up a lot more. I've gained more influences and different influences and people have influenced it; I suppose just circumstances," she explained. "It's a bit more tribal and anthemic; a bit more piano and vocal than anything. The last album was very electronic, but it was tied in with my voice; this one, to me, is way more of a pop record."

Do you think Ellie Goulding can follow the success of "Lights" with this new track? Let us know in the comments!

Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/k7deqqunFM8/ellie-goulding-anything-could-happen-video-set.jhtml

Amber Rayne ambien amerian american airlines

No comments:

Post a Comment