Sunday, September 29, 2013

N.O.R.E. Is Ready To Retire With Melvin Flynt II

Noreaga reveals to MTV News that his next album is his last; he'd rather focus on becoming a hip-hop CEO.
By Rob Markman


N.O.R.E.
Photo: MTV News

N.O.R.E. has spent his entire career on the run eating, but now the crafty rap veteran is ready to split his pie. The Queens, New York, MC has been releasing music alongside his new group Good Belt Gang, and his desire to be a music CEO is so strong, that Noreaga is ready to hang up the mic after his next solo album Melvin Flynt II: Da Final Hustle.

"I just feel like I've done everything that's needed to be done in music. I've done everything but actually make somebody else a star," N.O. told MTV News.

The C-N-N rapper has tried to put on artists in the past; there was Muse-n-Maze and others that were signed to his Thugged Out Millitainment label, but it was difficult for N.O.R.E. to put others first as long as he was still in artist mode. "That's your competitive spirit and it's just what an artist natural does," he said. "I think I need to step away from the game in totality as an artist per say, as N.O.R.E. to give these new artists their full shot."

Good Belt Gang is made up of Yung Reallie, City Boy D, Black Boy Cocca, Tweez and Money Ming and collectively they've inspired the 36-year old rapper to move on in his career. "Will I stop rapping? No, because I love to rap. But will I be putting out albums and will I be touring? That's the part — I think I want to fully sit back and try and be a CEO," he said.

On C-N-N's 2000 track "Invincible," N.O.R.E. apologized for his Melvin Flynt -- Da Hustler solo album, which he recorded in 1999 while coping with his father's death. "I can't believe I f---ed up and made a half-ass album," he rhymed on the DJ Premier-produced fan favorite.

With that heavy on his heart, it's only fitting that N.O.R.E.'s final solo album rights his musical wrongs. "To end my career the best way possible would be [to correct], what is in my opinion, my only mistake," he told us. "I know there's people out there who loved Melvin Flynt. It went gold... [but] I didn't like that album because I didn't give 100 percent."

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/BYSFKD-5lyE/nore-retirement.jhtml

update trends google trends yahoo buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment