Tuesday, April 30, 2013

'Great Gatsby' Star Carey Mulligan Is 'Genuinely Nervous' To Meet Jay-Z

'I've been told he might come to the premiere, and I'm freaking out,' actress tells MTV News.
By Amy Wilkinson, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Carey Mulligan
Photo: MTV News

Forget the softly lit sex scenes with Leonardo DiCaprio. Or the frenzied fighting fits with Joel Edgerton. Carey Mulligan's biggest challenge in starring in Baz Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" may very well be meeting the man tasked with scoring the glitzy film, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel.

"I've been told he might come to the premiere, and I'm freaking out," Mulligan told MTV News of introducing herself to Jay-Z, whose "100$ Bill" is also featured on the soundtrack. "Because he's the one person I'm going to meet and have no idea how to talk to. I've never met him. I'm genuinely nervous already. He's just this huge, like, genius. And I never in a million years thought I'd be in a Baz Luhrmann film with Leonardo DiCaprio, but with a soundtrack by Jay-Z? Yeah, it's pretty amazing."

Hov enlisted the industry's best and brightest for the 14-track album, which drops May 7 and also features wife Beyoncé, André 3000, will.i.am, Lana Del Rey, Florence and the Machine, Jack White and Gotye. And with its blend of Jazz Age swagger and modern sonic sensibilities, the soundtrack is sure to prove an earworm for many.

In addition to Del Rey's ethereal "Young and Beautiful," Mulligan copped to having another tune stuck in her head.

"The Florence song, as well. That song is amazing," Mulligan enthused. "I love both of those songs, and the Lana Del Rey song is beautiful. I heard them for the first time in the trailer. I've only seen the trailer once or twice, and they both just run in my head all the time. They're amazing."

"The Great Gatsby" opens May 10.

Check out everything we've got on "The Great Gatsby."

Related Videos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/Tsgouw1ctlM/great-gatsby-carey-mulligan-jay-z.jhtml

Alexis Texas Alfonso Arau Alfonso Cuarón Alfred Hitchcock

No comments:

Post a Comment