Thursday, July 12, 2012

Steven Tyler Bails on "American Idol"

Joining Jennifer Lopez as a departing cast member, Steven Tyler will be at the "American Idol" judges' table no more.

"After some long ... hard ... thoughts … I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit," the 64-year-old told in a press release made public on Thursday (July 12).

With the move coming after two seasons on the hit FOX show, the rock icon added, "I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I'm back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I got two fists in the air and I'm kicking the door open with my band."

Getting the blessings of the "Idol" bigwigs, executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement on the departure, which read: "Steven Tyler is a real 'Idol,' a rock legend. If you had told me 10 years ago he would be a judge on American Idol, I would have thought it impossible. ... I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. American Idol will miss him!"

The move comes as Steven is switching his focus to an Aerosmith comeback - as the band has a new album due out this November.

Of his music plans, Tyler dished, "The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious a**. Idol was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it. ... Now it's time to bring rock back."

Source: http://gossipcenter.com/steven-tyler/steven-tyler-bails-american-idol-692721

Alex Cox Alex De La Iglesia Alex Jordan Alex Kendrick

No comments:

Post a Comment