Friday, June 29, 2012

Katy Perry Inspired By Madonna For 'Darker' Next Album

Queen of Pop 'kept everybody interested because you never knew what she was going to do next,' Perry tells L'Uomo Vogue.
By Jocelyn Vena


Katy Perry on <i>L'Uomo Vogue</i>
Photo: L'Uomo Vogue

Katy Perry might be foregoing her love of bubble gum pop for her next album release. In the new issue of L'Uomo Vogue, the singer says that she will use the recent heartbreak in her personal life as inspiration for a darker batch of new tracks. "It will be a much darker album than the previous one. It was inevitable, after what I went through," she said in the fashion magazine, via Press Party. "If I had a time machine and could go back in time, I would. But I can't, so you'll discover another part of me."

But Russell Brand won't be her only muse. She's also looking to the Queen of Pop as her career spirit animal for the follow-up to 2010's record-breaking Teenage Dream. "I think Madonna, especially in the beginning of her career when she was laying the foundation, was evolving every single time and giving a new visual and a new idea to the public," she added, according to Digital Spy. "She kept everybody interested because you never knew what she was going to do next, but whatever she delivered was a solid product.

"I just hope to be the same," she continued. "I hope to continually make people interested and hopefully in 10 years look back and have written songs that have become timeless."

Before she even hits the studio to work on new music, Perry will address her split from Brand in her June 5 movie release, "Part of Me." And she recently shared she plans on taking a little break once the film opens. "I'm going into hiding. I want to go and write songs in the woods or something," she told MTV News earlier this week. "I'm gonna unplug, take my hair extensions out, feel my head again. I'm gonna unplug and recharge, if that makes any sense. I'm gonna go away. I'm sure you know it's time for me to go the f--- away."

Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/8Ldw69Ejvxc/katy-perry-album-madonna-inspired.jhtml

Alejandro Amenábar Alejandro González Iñárritu Alejandro Jodorowsky Alejandro Springall

No comments:

Post a Comment