Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Carly Rae Jepsen Talks 'Amazing' Owl City Duet 'Good Time'

'It just worked out, and I love the song,' she tells MTV News about collaborating with Adam Young on the just-released track.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Christina Garibaldi


Carly Rae Jepsen
Photo: MTV News

Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City's thumping summer anthem "Good Time" might already be stuck in your head even though it only made its official debut days ago. When Jepsen first heard the song, she knew that she wanted to be part of that kind of magic.

"Actually [I found out about the track] through [my label head] Scooter Braun. He sort of played me the song in one of the first weeks I came down to L.A. to meet him," she recalled to MTV News on Tuesday at the splashy "Katy Perry: Part of Me" premiere in Los Angeles. "I heard it and I was just like, 'This is amazing. I would love to sing on this.' "

Lucky for the "Call Me Maybe" singer, Owl City himself, Adam Young, felt the same way. She added, "[Braun was] like, 'Great, 'cause Adam wants you too.' So it just worked out, and I really ... love the song."

Young shared a similar excitement about the track, which will not only appear on Jepsen's September debut but also on his release, The Midsummer Station, due in August.

"It was this whole worlds-collide thing, and it was this kind of dream come true. I can't believe it happened," he told MTV News last week. "[It was] so kind to lend her talent to this song, so yeah, it worked out. ... I feel like it's one of those songs, it kind of always needed to be a duet. That was the initial idea from step one."

As for his desire to write a party track, he added that now was as good a time as any. "I feel like every artist is inherently granted one shot to sing about having a good time in his or her life, and six months ago, I realized I hadn't cashed in my chips yet," Young said. "So I thought, 'I'm gonna sit down and I'm gonna give this a shot ... and get my friend Carly to sing on it.' ... The final product rarely exceeds your expectations, and this thing just kind of happened."

Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/LSZ9Uo9osy4/carly-rae-jepsen-owl-city-collaboration.jhtml

Alfred Hitchcock Alfred L. Werker Algeria algorithms

No comments:

Post a Comment