Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Drake Covers GQ April 2012 "Style Bible" Issue

Joining Dave Franco and John Slattery as one of the publication's three front page features, Drake nabbed himself a spot on the cover of GQ magazine’s April 2012 issue.

Set to hit newsstands on March 20th, the “Find Your Love” hitmaker has the esteemed honor of fronting the special “Style Bible” installment in which he dishes on his feelings on women, today’s generation of rappers, and his finding influences for his music.

Highlights from Drake's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to GQ!

On the new generation of rappers:
"Rap now is just being young an fly and having your shit together. The mood of rap has changed.”

On his bad boy persona:
"I’m mischievous, but I’m calculated."

On finding influences for his songwriting:
“I’m trying to find the same feelings that I had for women when I had very little going on, which is tough. When I was in my mom’s house, I had nowhere to go, no real obligations. My girlfriend at the time, if she was mad at me, my day was all fucked-up. I didn’t have anything else. And that made for some of the best music, I think, to date. Records where I felt small. ...It’s really difficult for me to find something that makes me feel small.”

On past promiscuity:
“There’s just a time where it was like, just getting pussy. Where I was in that sort of ‘I’m young, I’m going to disconnect from my emotions and just do what everyone else tells me I should do and just a be a rapper and have my fun.’ And for me as a person, it just doesn’t work. The seconds after a man reaches climax, that’s the realest moment of your life. If I don’t want you next to me in that fifteen, twenty seconds, then there’s something wrong.”

Source: http://gossipcenter.com/drake/drake-covers-gq-april-2012-style-bible-issue-595293

Aishwarya Rai Aja Aki Kaurismäki Aki Tomosaki

No comments:

Post a Comment