Friday, November 29, 2013

Nick Wechsler Talks Katherine Heigl in Brink November/December 2013

Taking time away from the set of his hit ABC series “Revenge,” Nick Wechsler fronted the November/December 2013 issue of Brink magazine.

While rocking a few poses for the Jared Kocka-shot spread, the 35-year-old actor chatted about his new popularity in Hollywood after signing on with the show and even revealed his thoughts on the accusations that Katherine Heigl is difficult to work with.

Check out a few highlights from Mr. Wechsler's interview below. For more, be sure to visit Brink!

On dealing with pressure:
“It never overwhelms me. I’m not a star. I’m just some dude. I can leave my house and get groceries and go to the gym and live my life, and nobody bothers me. They ask a lot of stuff on Twitter, and I can’t answer everything, you know? My policy is I’ll just tweet about the episode when I’m watching it, and on the commercial breaks, I’ll start answering as many questions as I can before I come back from the commercial break. I’m just trying to do what I can, but then I give myself most of the rest of the week off. It’s mostly because I don’t know what to do with Twitter. I’m just an awful human being I guess. But no, it hasn’t been overwhelming at all. I’m not at the level where it’s suffocating.”

On being a guest star of “It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia”:
“Well, in comedies, the guest star – well, let’s just use the drama procedural on network television – the guest gets cast and gets a lot of cool s*** to do. You’re often the one that has the neat emotional arc. You also get to play someone who’s hiding something, and then it’s revealed. You get to go off of an emotional scene, blah, blah, blah. Primary cast is… for them, it’s a lot of talking to suspects, and you can do it in your sleep. In comedy, the main cast gets to do all the cool s*** and the guest cast comes in as a straight man. My character wasn’t a total straight man. It was a bad guy, and it’s a hilarious twist for me. I’ve just never been satisfied by my own performance, which is probably because I take comedy very seriously. I just want to be – I don’t know… It matters more to me than drama, to be honest. I just love that show, and those guys are brilliant. I watch what they do, and I go, ‘I wanna do that! How do I get to play like they do?’”

On working with Katherine:
“I’m actually still good friends with her, and she’s just like… I can see how people arrived at these conclusions about her. I wasn’t there for a lot of what people are complaining about. I guess I can see how it would be misconstrued or [they] took it the right way. There are probably moments when she shouldn’t have done this, but actually I think that a lot of the time things are misconstrued. At this point, people are waiting for her to be an a**hole, and I think that’s really when they start looking into… If I deliver a thing in a way or [get her to] say something, in her case, people will air it. It sucks, because she’s actually a great person, and people are usually surprised when I introduce her because of what they’ve heard, you know? That’s the thing – she’s not that person. It’s just we have all been roughed and toughed in this business. And you don’t want to be on the business end, hopefully, that’s where this led to. But I don’t know, I can’t comment on that stuff. I just know that she’s been amazing to me. I love her dearly, and she’s been such a good friend to me, and I think she’s trying. She’s not happy with some of her decisions."

Source: http://gossipcenter.com/nick-wechsler/nick-wechsler-talks-katherine-heigl-brink-novemberdecember-2013-974275

alcohol Alejandro Agresti Alejandro Amenábar Alejandro González Iñárritu

No comments:

Post a Comment